Friday, September 12, 2008

Random stuff plucked from scraps of paper around my desk

-Today I’m wearing my Spider-Man shirt. My wife dried it and she hung it with a clothes-pin on the right shoulder. Unfortunately, it stretched it and now I have a weird hump there, small and pointy. So I now I need to go to the gym and work out that particular muscle so the shirt won’t look weird. So if anyone knows what that muscle is over the right shoulder and what I can do to work it out and bring it to a spiny point, I’d be grateful.

Oddly this shirt might be cursed as it had a toothpaste stain that didn’t seem to want to go away. Now that it has, I have a pointy hump.

-After watching so much political crap I’m beginning to think that the only thing America exports anymore is sarcasm.

-I’m a connoisseur of sodas with sir names. Dr Pepper and Mr. Pibb (now deemed Pibb Xtra because being a Mister and not a Doctor wasn’t X-treme enough) being the leaders, but I enjoy the knock-offs more. Of them, I’ve enjoyed Dr. Thunder (Wal-Mart brand and nickname for Thor), Dr. K (Publix, and lesser known brother of Julius Irving), Dr. Chek (Winn-Dixie I think, and Czechoslovakian discount surgeon), but undoubtedly my favorite is Piggly-Wiggly’s Mr. Pigg. I like it because Mr. Pigg demands your respect, like Sidney Portier in In the Heat of the Night. “They call me MR. Pigg.” I couldn’t tell you if it’s any better than the others, ingredient-wise, but the joy I get from it is 10-fold better. A pig who’s a doctor, what a country!

Good luck finding a Piggly Wiggly, though. Fortunately there’s one by my pal Steve’s place, so Mr. Pigg in the house.

-Current word I’m enjoying: recalcitrant. I think because I’m feeling a bit like that, although I’d much rather be compliant, I think. I’m just bad at it.

-Current phrase in a book I’m hating: “It was like nothing she had ever felt before.” That’s just lazy. And bad. Instead of wasting my time reading that sentence, why not write a sentence that explains how she DID feel? Silly.

-Horrible name of the week: Nicewonger. It isn’t ‘Nice-wanger’ fortunately, but it’s just a bad sounding last name. Not that you can do much about your last name but still, go into Witness Relo or something.

No comments: