Thursday, September 4, 2008

Political Madlib

Hey all.

I've been watching a good portion of the political conventions as of late. I'm not going to get all politically on you but I will say that I've invented this fun little Madlib to help you out if you're planning on giving a speech at any of these conventions. It's fun and easy.

Greetings my fellow (political party). I met a (gender noun) the other day who was down on their luck. You see they used to work at a (noun) in (city known for hard workers). They said to me, “Jack, my name is (normal sounding name). I’ve got (number) kids. I’ve been out of work for (number) years.” They said to me, they said, “Jack, you’ve got to help us. I used to be an (adjective) (job), (verb)ing for an honest day’s work, until those darn (opposing political party) came in and start taking all our (noun) jobs.”

You see, the (opposing political party) seem to love (adjective) spending. They seem to enjoy making you pay for (noun). Everytime we think of a (noun) to help people, they shut us down and expect (adjective) government to step in, and expect (nouns) like you and me to pick up the bill for their (adjective) spending.


We say no. We (our political party)s see opportunities, not necessarily (verbing) for oil, but rather using (adjective) resources. We don’t want to (verb) terrorists, but rather use (adverb) (nouns) to stop anymore terrorist attacks. We say, let’s work together, unlike the (opposing political party), who seem to want to (negative verb) us. They’re content arguing like (dated pop culture reference to couple who split up in a public way). We say No. We say, “Let’s build up and stop tearing down,” and let’s make sure the (normal sounding name from the beginning)’s of the US can insure an (adjective) future for their (number) children.

2 comments:

Gray said...

(dated pop culture reference to couple who split up in a public way)

Ha!

Yeah, Huckabee was really riding the cutting edge with that Madonna crack last night.

mmyers said...

Totally. And Rudy made some dated reference as well. Guess everybody got Bruce Vilanch to write their speeches.