Thursday, September 11, 2008

Blue canary in the outlet by the lightswitch...

I'll tell you a secret. I don't think it's a secret anymore however...

I'm directing (next Summer) a little show called Fingertips. The premise being that playwrights write songs inspired by They Might be Giants' series of songs called Fingertips, 21 short songs. Maybe I'll tell you more later. I don't want to bore you.

Anywho, I've been emailing with their manager. That may sound like nothing to you, but for me, and this is gross, after my last email I went and took a nervous poop. Yep, that's how excited I am. He seems like a cool guy so I went ahead with the question, "Is it cool if we do this show?" Now I wait. I'm not sure what I'll say if They say no. I think it's already planned as part of the season, but the idea of sneaking by doing the show seems...wrong. So I asked. Now I wait.

6 comments:

Gray said...

I eagerly await the chance to see "Minimum Wage" performed live on stage.

Also, I probably have like 80 band geek friends who would come see this show.

Will said...

When I was in high school, we used to drive around with "Please Pass the Milk Please" on repeat. Can't wait to see this.

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you and Amber are still looking for writers for it. I'd love to throw my hat in. As long as I get it back. I love that hat. I'm not crazy about my shoes. I'll throw a shoe in, is that cool?

Anonymous said...

OMG, Build a little birdhouse in your soul...just took me back to high school and some fond memories :)

mmyers said...

Gray,
Sadly, "Minimum Wage" is on a different album. But I'll sing it to you in the parking lot if you want. I'm hoping this baby will appeal to fans, theatre folk, and nerds.

Will,
I used to sing "I'm having a heart attack" to my ex-girlfriend. I'll have to tell you guys off-line the direction that things are going.

baldsug,
Definitely. Amber is in charge of that side of things but I'd love to see what you come up with. You should def let her know you'd be up for some writin'. What size shoe?

laraseume,
Glad for the trip down memory lane. Great memories attached to that album down the line.

One time in New Orleans waiting to watch TMBG, this car pulled up with several old people (very Grey Poupon style) and asked what we were waiting on. Everyone spontaneously started singing this song. It was a beautiful thing.

mamaevel said...

i'd have probably taken a nervous cry/vomit, so you're doing WAY better than me.