Friday, September 12, 2008

CD Swap

Hey guys and gals,
So, a thought. At one of my old favorite haunts, stripcreator.com, we did a thing called a CD swap, wherein we would make compilation of songs we dug and trade them with folks who you may or may not know. Then we'd all mail the disks to each other. Then you'd get some new CDs in the mail, and getting mail is fun no mater what anyone says and new tunes are even more fun.

So I've got mates from a couple different spots in the world, although I think most friends who read this are Georgians, so what does everyone think of a CD swap? You'd have to burn a couple copies of your disk, or heck, send it to me and I'd burn off a couple copies and send them out. It's a great way to be exposed to some new tunes and it's fun to see what people are digging on. If the group got too big, which I doubt it would but if it did, we could divide into groups so you're not burning 10 copies of your CD. Groups of 4 was how the stripcreator did it. I dunno, mull it over.

If it's something that sounds fun, shoot me an email over at matt@mr-pixel.com.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd be up for this, for sure. I realize I'm not following directions by posting here, but I didn't like seeing zero comments.

mmyers said...

Haha! Cool. Let me get through the first week of Dracula and then I'll organize.