Sunday, August 10, 2008

An experiment...



In my never ending quest to try to make something out of the crappy tools at my disposal, I've created this little video. It's actually my rough attempt at something a little more ambitious, but I just wanted to see what Windows Movie Maker had under the hood when mixed with my favorite MS Paint. I had intentions of recording my own dialogue but a sad drawback of Movie Maker is that it only has one audio track. In a way, I kind of like the 1920's style of the dialogue cards. It's crapp-ily charming, which is the name I'll probably call my memoirs one day (Crappily Charming, the mmyers story). I think I've thought of a way around that little audio speedbump, but anywho, this is what I made this weekend.

I played with a lot of different music but then settled on this nifty little track by Satie. Gymnopedies No.1 seemed a little bit too much of a bummer and if you've watched the video already you know it's a bummer enough. Gymno No. 2 (my favorite of the set) is a little jauntier and fit well with my little story about love. Sad, sad love. I played with some Django Reinhardt and the Mills Brothers but always came back to Satie.

Anywho, hope you enjoy it and here's to more experimenting.

2 comments:

mamaevel said...

i really dig this.

and, it's a lovely title, sir.

mmyers said...

Hehe. Thanks.

I'm betting you already know what I have in mind for it.