Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday wrap-up

-Christmas Carol has come and gone, so if you didn’t see it, you missed it. I’ll spoil the ending for you, though: Scrooge did it.

I had a lot of fun in that show. Honestly. Good peeps. I’m sort of a mixed bag right now on whether I’m happy or sad it’s over. That may just be the season talking though. I’m not usually a happy camper during our holiday season. Anyway, those dudes went a long way in keeping me upbeat. I may have some pics from it soon which I will share with you.

Oh yeah, and send a good thought to our stage manager who had some emergency surgery there at the end of the run. Good vibes to the Maggzilla.

-So I took the time today to write up my theatre resume. I carry a resume on my headshot but it always seems lame to clutter it up (I know, I’m anal retentive) so I drop off certain shows as I put new ones on it. Thusly, I have forgotten how many shows I’ve done and what some of them are. But curiosity won out, so I started scowering the internet and my own ramshackled brain to write up what shows I did and when. God bless the internet. Part of this stems from the thought that January 2009 will mark 10 years officially in the ATL (or outlying region thereof). I’m a bit nostalgic these days (again, probably from the season and partially from hanging out with young people with tons of potential) and this leads me to:

42 shows in 10 years. Wait, I just went to the bathroom and remembered another show. 43 shows in 10 years. I’m fairly certain a couple more may have fallen through the cracks. Still, not too bad. 4 shows a year on average. And when you consider that most shows rehearse for roughly a month and run for a month or two in some cases, that means I’ve been a busy boy. This also doesn't include any movies or film stuff and a couple of other exclusions.

I’m still deciding whether this fact should make me happy or depress me.

Looking over everything, it’s funny to think that there’s only been a few shows I’ve absolutely hated and for the most part, I have a positive memory regarding them, some more than others. I won’t go into what shows I’ve hated but I will say the most fun I’ve had was probably going to New York and working at the Fringe Festival, so thank you for that fine memory, Mr. Katinsky (if you’re out there).

-Got my wife a CD player for her car the other day for Christmas. A funny thing: I got a great deal on it with installation and all but the two guys who worked there were almost exactly like the two guys who take Cameron’s Dad’s car in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. I really loved those two guys in the movie but handing your keys off to them and leaving, well, I can see why Cameron was nervous.

When Cameron was in Egypt-land, let my Cameron go.

-Looking forward to seeing family. I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve seen my own family. August it looks like. Man, this acting calendar thing I made today is really coming in handy! I can see gaps in my life where I wasn’t rehearsing and actually had a life momentarily.

I’m craving some comfort food.

-It’s official: I love The Life and Times of Tim on HBO. I know its animation is crappy, but I look at it sort of like the Ramones. Sure they only played three chords but they inspired a whole generation to pick up instruments and play badly too. And that, my friend, is what Christmas is all about.

-Probably won’t talk to you much or draw nothing new for a bit, due to schedule-insanity, but Daddy loves you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

there is no vengeance like buffalo vengeance

mmyers said...

Sunday, I went into full-on conversation mode about buffalo vengence. It was a long distance dedication to you, my friend. Buffalo vengence is a dish best served cold.

Will said...

Ooh, ooh! Buffalo Vengeance should be our band name!

Happy holidays, Matt.

mmyers said...

Buffalo Vengence it is, Willis. In Christmas Carol, at Staguar's suggestion, I decided to talk about buffalos killing people. The rest is history.

Happy holidays, Will.