Tuesday, December 2, 2008

More Good news/Bad news

Good news: Well today, my work attire consists of a wrinkled shirt and an unshaven face (pants are optional). This makes me feel very Fight Club-ish, in that I think I look like shit but can’t drum up the interest to care. And, having seen the movie, the plan is all laid out for me to get the company to finance my own personal Fight Club. Or maybe a Sandwich Club (RIP Mitch Hedberg). Or a Billy Club (RIP Matt Murdock). Or a Culture Club (VIP Boy George).

Bad news: I’m not sure exactly who my boss is. That means I’d probably have to work my way around the building, punching myself in the mush trying to find out who that is until finally someone will say, “Can this wait until the regional manager is in from Chicago?”

Good news: I have insurance again (through my wife), which means I can once again attempt to injure myself in ridiculous ways.

Bad news: The wrestling school isn’t open right now, so I’ll have to find new and more stupid ways to injure myself.

Good news: It’s election day…again. At least here in Georgia. I like Saxby because his grandkids call him Pee-paw or something like that and because his chicken is delicious. I like Jim Martin because that name is about as vanilla as it gets. It sounds like a witness-relo name. If he’s in witness relocation, he’s not doing a good job of keeping a low profile.

Bad news: That means I have to use my lunch break standing in line again. I can’t imagine the lines being long, though. Folks are kind of short sighted on the local elections.

Good news: Christmas Carol is open. Which one? All of them, I think. I think there’s enough Christmas Carols or versions thereof playing right now that we could have a softball league made up strictly of teams composed of people in different Christmas Carols. Our’s, Dad’s, the Alliance’s, um…whoever it is that’s doing Queer Carol (I’m not kidding), and I think there’s another one too. Heck there has to be a few community theatres doing it too. And dance studios doing interpretive dance with it.

Bad news: The market is kind of saturated and with Christmas starting as early as Halloween these days, by the time December 1 hits, folks have just about had it with the C-word.

Good news: Had an idea for two new comic strip characters, Toasty McGhostly and Mr. Creeps. I really love their look. Toasty is based on (ripped off from) someone’s avatar that I saw, and Mr. Creeps is from those Day of the Dead figurines that you find in Mexico. I’ve had the name Mr. Creeps in my head for nearly 8 years. Now it has a home.

Bad news: Jotted down a few more ideas for comics for them and all of them are negative. Not sure I want/need another negative outlet. Tell me, mmyers, why do you drink? Mmyers, why do you smoke? Why must you live out them comic strips that you wrote?

4 comments:

Gray said...

Toasty looks kinda like some of the crazy cat stuff Doug TenNapel draws sometimes. He's the creator of Earthworm Jim, and did a really cool comic called Creature Tech. I think the cat image I'm thinking of was from either that or his previous book, GEAR. That could've been the source of the avatar.

Whatever the case, I approve of the Hank Jr. refs.

Anonymous said...

I'm diggin' Toasty McGhostly and Mr. Creeps. We positively need more negativity. As long as you don't cancel Hayder. Maybe do a crossover. That always worked out well for the likes of Marvel Comics and 80's sitcoms.

Will said...

"And vote for my big daddy." Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, that Chambliss commercial is creepy.

What theater has your Christmas Carol?

mmyers said...

Gray,
I'll definitely check those out. If it's too close (I only glanced at the avatar and then went and drew what I thought I saw), Toasty may change in appearance a bit.

Get your free cone,
Totally keeping Hayder running. I think, in the spirit of 70's comics, I'll have them team-up and for some reason, Muhammad Ali will be there too.

Will,
It's at the Academy theatre in Decatur. It's a pretty straight forward version of the show (despite only being a three person version) and I'd worry that most folks I knew would think it was a tad boring.