Friday, January 2, 2009

Shuffle Poem

Good pal Will posted a thing awhile ago about putting your iPod on shuffle and then writing down the first line of the first 20 songs and making a poem. The 21st song is the title of the poem. Pretty cool, right? Well, I got an iPod finally and I was superjazzed to try this out. Unfortunately, in my zeal, I thought you used the first 12 songs from your playlist (I may be dyslexic). And then I didn’t remember the title thing either. Well, it seemed like my iPod was possessed and came up with this semi-coherent, incomplete, mish-mash. Later on I realized that I my poem was incomplete but when I started it up again, well, some songs repeated and it wasn’t the same. Anywho, here’s my poem, incomplete as it may be.

I really love the RL Burnside Bad Luck City into Harry Nilsson’s Bang, bang, shoot ‘em up.

On the first day of our love
Things are getting just too cozy for me
Jackson Crosses stretch to Heaven
I’m a nothing man
I’m not afraid of anything
It was a beautiful day
The name of the song is Bad Luck City
Bang, bang, shoot ‘em up, destiny
Everybody’s talking about me
Oh, baby, don’t it feel like Heaven right now
Who knows your birthday?
Officer you got me wrong.

2 comments:

Andrew S. said...

It sounds more like you went to a shopping center and started transcribing passers-by's conversations. But it works.

Will said...

Those opening lines are great!