Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Toasty and Mr Creeps

This one came to me in a dream, as comics often do. Of course it was in a stripped down form but I always like the ones that are already there for me.


Hey, I'd like to give a shout out to a mate of mine who passed away this weekend. His name was Jim Royal, although we always referred to him as Jimmy Royale, or after Pulp Fiction, Royale with cheese. Jim was a good bloke and funny as heck. He was a comic book artist, working on Catwoman and StarMan and I think Green Lantern as well. Jim and I were buddies through college and awhile after. We sort of lost touch when I moved here, but I did see him a year or so ago at a show mutual friends of ours were playing at the Earl. Anyway, Jimmy isn't here anymore and the world is a little dimmer knowing that he isn't out there somewhere, bumming drinks and making a scene. Jimmy, I hope you found the peace you were looking for, brother. RIP.

mmyers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Royale was a fuuny funny man. Still makes me smile thinking about him.
peace,
Herc
http://illtiki.livejournal.com

mmyers said...

A friend of mine described being around Jimmy as like living in dog years: One night around him and you have enough stories for like 6 weeks. He was that kind of cat.

Best to you, Herc.
mm